POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : Reflection bug? : Re: Reflection bug? (fix?) Server Time
28 Jun 2024 02:00:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Reflection bug? (fix?)
From: Nathan Kopp
Date: 1 Dec 1998 23:00:57
Message: <3664BA3F.DC68E210@Kopp.com>
The inverse keyword does seem to make a difference, but it doesn't fix the
problem.  I assume that you mean 'inverse' in the object (it is a syntax error
if you put it inside the finish or inside the texture).  Also, on a plane,
inverse has the same effect as switching the direction of the normal vector.

Go grab my test scene (in the povray.text.scene-files group) and render it.
Then add 'inverse' to the plane.  The problem is still there.  At least it was
on my machine. Actually, 'inverse' has a really weird effect that I didn't
expect... maybe I'll look into that...

Thanks for telling me about the 'inverse' keyword, though.  Even if it had made
my bugfix null & void, it would be good to know!  :-)

-Nathan Kopp